Microbes and Environments is an open-access journal dedicated to providing high accessibility to research articles for the field of microbial ecology. All of the published articles can be read at PubMed Central and J-Stage. In order to facilitate efficient transmission and communication of pioneering research in this field, we have strived to rapidly process your manuscripts and minimize the publication cost (for example, ca. 500-700 USD for 6-8 printed pages). Our journal is managed by academic societies across many fields to purely focus on scientific value. We have supported this field for over three decades and are dedicated to maintaining and increasing the quality of this journal. Publish your papers in Microbes and Environments!
- Most cited paper and review 2016
- M&E has an Impact Factor of 2.075 according to the 2015 Journal Citation Reports.
- Research Highlight: Microbes in the Water Infrastructure: Underpinning Our Society
- Taiwan Society of Microbial Ecology (TSME) and Japanese Society of Plant Microbe Interactions (JSPMI) have joined the collaborative editing of M&E.
- Effect of Probiotics/Prebiotics on Cattle Health and Productivity
- Biotechnological Aspects of Microbial Extracellular Electron Transfer
- Recent Trends in Control Methods for Bacterial Wilt Diseases Caused by Ralstonia solanacearum
- Microbes in the Water Infrastructure: Underpinning Our Society
- Anoxygenic Photosynthesis —A Photochemical Reaction That Does Not Contribute to Oxygen Reproduction—
- Keys to Cultivating Uncultured Microbes: Elaborate Enrichment Strategies and Resuscitation of Dormant Cells
- Bacillus-related Spore Formers: Attractive Agents for Plant Growth Promotion
Highly downloaded articles (Jun, 2016)
- The Tomato Wilt Fungus Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici shares Common Ancestors with Nonpathogenic F. oxysporum isolated from Wild Tomatoes in the Peruvian Andes
- Keigo Inami, Takeshi Kashiwa, Masato Kawabe, Akiko Onokubo-Okabe, Nobuko Ishikawa, Enrique Rodríguez Pérez, Takuo Hozumi, Liliana Aragón Caballero, Fatima Cáceres de Baldarrago, Mauricio Jiménez Roco, Khalid A. Madadi, Tobin L. Peever, Tohru Teraoka, Motoichiro Kodama, Tsutomu Arie
Vol. 29 (2014) No. 2 p. 200-210
- Isolation and Characterization of Cellulose-decomposing Bacteria Inhabiting Sawdust and Coffee Residue Composts
- Mohamed Fathallh Eida, Toshinori Nagaoka, Jun Wasaki, Kenji Kouno
Vol. 27 (2012) No. 3 p. 226-233
- Morphological, Physiological, and Taxonomic Characterization of Actinobacterial Isolates Living as Endophytes of Cacao Pods and Cacao Seeds
- Romaric Armel Mouafo Tchinda, Thaddée Boudjeko, Anne-Marie Simao-Beaunoir, Sylvain Lerat, Éric Tsala, Ernest Monga, Carole Beaulieu
Vol. 31 (2016) No. 1 p. 56-62