Microbes and Environments is an open-access journal dedicated to providing high accessibility to research articles for the field of microbial ecology. All of the published articles can be read at PubMed Central and J-Stage. In order to facilitate efficient transmission and communication of pioneering research in this field, we have strived to rapidly process your manuscripts and minimize the publication cost (for example, ca. 500-700 USD for 6-8 printed pages). Our journal is managed by academic societies across many fields to purely focus on scientific value. We have supported this field for over three decades and are dedicated to maintaining and increasing the quality of this journal. Publish your papers in Microbes and Environments!
- M&E has an Impact Factor of 2.909 according to the 2016 Journal Citation Reports.
- Research Highlight: What will membrane vesicles (MVs) bring to bacterial communication?
- Most Valuable Paper of The Year 2016
- 2017 Most Cited Paper and Review
- Taiwan Society of Microbial Ecology (TSME) and Japanese Society of Plant Microbe Interactions (JSPMI) have joined the collaborative editing of M&E.
- Energy Metabolism during Anaerobic Methane Oxidation in ANME Archaea
- Metagenomics and Bioinformatics in Microbial Ecology: Current Status and Beyond
- Are Symbiotic Methanotrophs Key Microbes for N Acquisition in Paddy Rice Root?
- Effect of Probiotics/Prebiotics on Cattle Health and Productivity
Highly downloaded articles (Sep, 2017)
- Intestinal Colonization by a Lachnospiraceae Bacterium Contributes to the Development of Diabetes in Obese Mice
- Keishi Kameyama, Kikuji Itoh
Vol. 29 (2014) No. 4 p. 427-430
- Isolation and Characterization of Cellulose-decomposing Bacteria Inhabiting Sawdust and Coffee Residue Composts
- Mohamed Fathallh Eida, Toshinori Nagaoka, Jun Wasaki, Kenji Kouno
Vol. 28 (2013) No. 1 p. 135-140
- Promoting Effects of a Single Rhodopseudomonas palustris Inoculant on Plant Growth by Brassica rapa chinensis under Low Fertilizer Input
- Wai-Tak Wong, Ching-Han Tseng, Shu-Hua Hsu, Huu-Sheng Lur, Chia-Wei Mo, Chu-Ning Huang, Shu-Chiung Hsu, Kung-Ta Lee, Chi-Te Liu
Vol. 29 (2014) No. 3 p. 303-313