Microbes and Environments is an open-access journal dedicated to providing high accessibility to research articles for the field of microbial ecology. All of the published articles can be read at PubMed Central and J-Stage. In order to facilitate efficient transmission and communication of pioneering research in this field, we have strived to rapidly process your manuscripts and minimize the publication cost (for example, ca. 500-700 USD for 6-8 printed pages). Our journal is managed by academic societies across many fields to purely focus on scientific value. We have supported this field for over three decades and are dedicated to maintaining and increasing the quality of this journal. Publish your papers in Microbes and Environments!
- M&E DIGEST is available online! (PDF 52MB)
- M&E Research paper award 2015
- Most cited paper and review 2016
- Research Highlight: Symbiosis Studies in Microbial Ecology
- M&E has an Impact Factor of 2.075 according to the 2015 Journal Citation Reports.
- Taiwan Society of Microbial Ecology (TSME) and Japanese Society of Plant Microbe Interactions (JSPMI) have joined the collaborative editing of M&E.
- Metagenomics and Bioinformatics in Microbial Ecology: Current Status and Beyond
- Are Symbiotic Methanotrophs Key Microbes for N Acquisition in Paddy Rice Root?
- Effect of Probiotics/Prebiotics on Cattle Health and Productivity
- Biotechnological Aspects of Microbial Extracellular Electron Transfer
- Symbiosis Studies in Microbial Ecology
- Microbes in the Water Infrastructure: Underpinning Our Society
- Anoxygenic Photosynthesis —A Photochemical Reaction That Does Not Contribute to Oxygen Reproduction—
- Keys to Cultivating Uncultured Microbes: Elaborate Enrichment Strategies and Resuscitation of Dormant Cells
Highly downloaded articles (Nov, 2016)
- The Tomato Wilt Fungus Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici shares Common Ancestors with Nonpathogenic F. oxysporum isolated from Wild Tomatoes in the Peruvian Andes
- Keigo Inami, Takeshi Kashiwa, Masato Kawabe, Akiko Onokubo-Okabe, Nobuko Ishikawa, Enrique Rodríguez Pérez, Takuo Hozumi, Liliana Aragón Caballero, Fatima Cáceres de Baldarrago, Mauricio Jiménez Roco, Khalid A. Madadi, Tobin L. Peever, Tohru Teraoka, Motoichiro Kodama, Tsutomu Arie
Vol. 29 (2014) No. 2 p. 200-210
- Survival of Enveloped and Non-Enveloped Viruses on Inanimate Surfaces
- Swan Firquet, Sophie Beaujard, Pierre-Emmanuel Lobert, Famara San, Delphine Caloone, Daniel Izard, Didier Hober
Vol. 30 (2015) No. 2 p. 140-144
- Isolation and Characterization of Cellulose-decomposing Bacteria Inhabiting Sawdust and Coffee Residue Composts
- Mohamed Fathallh Eida, Toshinori Nagaoka, Jun Wasaki, Kenji Kouno
Vol. 27 (2012) No. 3 p. 226-233